Category Archives: Uncategorized
What one has to understand is that the retirement stage is the tough part of the life since senior citizens are compelled to meet their daily requirements and face rising prices for which they are to be prepared financially. The fact is that there is no free lunch in this world and making the wrong decisions would mean losing out thousands of dollars to fraudulent investment schemes of different types.
A survey conducted recently by NASAA has shown clearly that senior finance fraud tends to account for about 50% of complaints that has been received by the state securities regulators. But unfortunately, with time, this percentage is only rising, since the vulnerable retirees are being targeted by the scrupulous so called financial companies. To learn more about plans available in the near future and especially Medicare Part C 2017 plans you must do adequate research.
The financial industry has been littered with several slick schemes which results in seniors taking the bait and dreams being broken. There have been stories of seniors who have lost all their savings. Seniors are becoming soft targets and the medium used to scam them is the mail, internet, free ‘financial seminars’ and in-home visits that are customized specifically to huge groups of seniors.
Understanding the reasons
There are cited several reasons for seniors to fall victims to getting duped, which are as follows:
- Trusting too much and being well mannered
- Eager to have better ROI on senior finance investments
- Believing in the salesperson to be cooperative, friendly, caring and helpful.
- Getting impressed with those fancy titles and credentials
Such titles perhaps could easily serve the unscrupulous advisor or sales agent in gaining trust of the seniors that is regarded to be the very initial step to carry out a successful fraud. It has become extremely difficult for prospective investors, more specially senior citizens towards determining if a specific designation represents meaningful credential by agents or is a marketing device that is empty. According to the industry experts, financial predators have been using fear tactics for instilling fear inside the seniors of losing their money due to inflation and becoming burden to others in the family. Besides this, the scamsters are well aware of the isolation and loneliness of those people who are well into their retirement age and have concerns over their investments.
Hence, it becomes important for seniors to undertake a good amount of research, so that they come across the right financial company and agent, who can guide them to understand the correct investment schemes available in the market and to avail the same.
The individual is eligible for availing Medicare insurance plan, but then what next. There are present few choices to be made. Trying to insure with Medicare in itself is said to be an option, however, the person is likely to be subjected to few potentially higher unpredictable expenses. The other option here would be to purchase Medicare supplement, in case affordable. The third option that exists is to try enrolling in Medicare advantage plans in 2016.
Trying to enroll in this particular plan type has been termed to be a wonderful choice for most of the senior citizens for numerous reasons. However, it is stated to be not a great choice for every person. This is because, who may enroll in Medicare advantage plans completely depends upon individual circumstances. Therefore, the person might not expect to come across a plan, which necessarily is regarded to be the best suited for everyone. Also, the individual might consider for the Advantage Plan, in case, the following criteria are met.
- Having limited budget: Limited budget might come into effect in several ways. Firstly, the person might consider enrolling, since he is likely to receive benefits from original Medicare, however, have advantages of optimum out-of –pocket amount. In case, coverage is availed via original Medicare, then the person would not have cap on his share of expenses on covered services. Hence, just 20% of the outpatient expenses alone might make the person to deal with budget busting expenses. The other reason for limited budget could be because of Medicare Supplement premiums being very high.
- Requiring additional benefits: Medicare advantage plans tend to include all benefits of Part A and B. However, private insurance providers offering such plans might include advantages which could be beyond what is normally available from the original Medicare. It is quite common for policies to include drug coverage of Part D and few plans could include additional, like vision, dental, transportation, gym memberships and hearing. Medicare supplement policies may include rarely such additional.
- Requiring all-inclusive plan: In case, the individual is eager to have a plan, which includes Part D drug and medic al benefits, then Advantage Plan is to be considered. By enrolling in this plan having drug benefits, he would interact just with a single insurance provider, thereby limiting interaction with several member service departments.
- Not qualifying Medicare Supplement: If the person is entitled for Guaranteed Issue Rights or Open Enrollment Period of Medigap, then he is likely to be subjected towards medical underwriting while purchasing Medicare Supplement. Current hospital stays or pre- existing conditions might mean coverage denial.
These are termed to be few of the reasons for the person to enroll in Medicare advantage plans.
It is a well known fact that people belonging to the senior citizen category are likely to face several kinds of health related issues with time. Therefore, they tend to have higher risks, when compared to younger people. Hence, being a senior citizen, there is a need for the person to make sure that he/ she avails the right Senior Health insurance plan which best fits the needs and requirements, and can be purchased at affordable rates. However, the question that arises in the minds of most senior people is how to find such plans.
Medicare is known to offer seniors with partial solution. But it is necessary to need other essential coverage also.
What does Medicare cover?
Once the person turns 65 years, he is eligible to get enrolled with Medicare that offers coverage on few of the medical expenses. The fact is that Medicare programs have been designed to provide the following benefits related to Senior Health insurance.
- Coverage for nursing home care, inpatient hospital care, few home health care and hospice care through Part A of Medicare.
- Coverage for services of the physician, medical equipment, outpatient hospital care, occupational and physical therapy along with few home health care via Part B of Medicare.
- Coverage through Part D of Medicare for prescription drugs.
Besides these options, Part C of Medicare tends to extend the advantages, while offering the person with numerous choices to avail among Senior Health insurance plans.
Availing the best and affordable insurance plan for seniors
Although Medicare might have majority of the expenses of the insured to be covered, but, it may not actually offer all the necessary benefits. For instance, typically, Medicare is likely to provide coverage for annual physicals. And what Medicare doesn’t pay, the bills should be paid by one of the Medicare Supplement plans in 2016.
Hence, the person could be required for purchasing additional coverage for covering things which is not done by Medicare. Usually, it is a PPO, HMO or Medigap policy.
For finding the best suited and affordable Senior Health insurance plan, which would offer the required health care benefits, the individual can visit the comparison website and find out more in details. Only a reputed comparison site can provide plenty of insurance choices, so as to help selecting the best one to fit specific requirements. One has to be sure in choosing a good insurance comparison site, which offers chat features, so that the person can avail precise answers to almost every health insurance related questions that he might have, be it through phone, online chat or email from the insurance expert.
People over the age of 65, having saved some money for their retirement are said to have retained better economic flexibility than those who are hit due to layoffs, while trying to gather savings. This for several industries makes seniors to be a desirable market. As a matter of fact, senior marketing is termed to be among the fastest growing segment these days.
Importance of Medicare Supplement Insurance
The most important failure in marketing which could seriously have harmful compilations especially for those beyond the age of 65 is said to surround Medicare. Having two deductibles, multiple parts, at times no coverage (when the individual travels outside U.S.), partial coverage (of just 80%) for physician’s services, no reconciliation when physicians charge above what is paid by Medicare, it can be termed that Medicare is completely maze of contradictions. Then, the question that arises among many is how seniors plan and calculate for the expenses related to health care.
The reality is that people, both over and under age of 65 can find Medicare to be obscure, while few could simply be left confused. Hence, there is a need to understand Medicare Supplement Insurance and its importance.
- Assists to translate coverage of Medicare: Private insurers who market Medigap insurance are required to explain clearly Medicare, to help the clients to understand the requirement to go for their plans for protecting seniors, from every type of healthcare charges, which would not be covered by Medicare. They also need to explain as to where there exist gaps in Medicare’s coverage, which could put them at a risk, when needed the most. The risk seen is real, since hefty hospital and physician bills might devour the entire retirement savings, thereby forcing seniors in reducing their present living standard. Costs related to healthcare might be a single big concern for most seniors, since their requirements for healthcare grows with age and prices of health care spiraling just out of control.
- Helping to cut medical bills of seniors to cut down to size: With the current Medicare benefits being in jeopardy, seniors and baby boomers have been exploring alternatives, like Medicare Advantage plans as well as Medicare Supplement Insurance.
- Confusion over Medicare is said to have left seniors completely unprepared to meet health care debt: Even though millions are said to have enrolled for Medicare for paying towards health care needs, most still remain unprotected, because of lack of understanding in regards to Medicare system.
Availing right information is indeed crucial towards getting out of Medicare. Medicare Supplement Plans 2020 has been stated to be a major key towards bridging gaps found in Medicare coverage.
In this short informative post you are going to learn about the first symptoms of hearing loss in seniors. If you develop any of these signs, you will probably be indicated to visit your health care practitioner as soon as possible. Hearing loss is a common condition among seniors aged 65 or more. And another thing you should learn is that your Medicare insurance doesn’t cover all aspects of your hearing loss problem.
While Medicare Part A and B do not cover hearing aids, it’s still best to be properly covered if you run into issues. Medicare supplement plans in 2016 are important to make sure all your coinsurance and deductibles are paid for.
If you are scheduled for a routine hearing test, your Medicare policy might cover a certain amount of sum but you will have to pay another 20 % on medical bills as well as the Medical Part B deductible only in special cases. In many other cases you will have to cover on your own your medical expenses triggered by hearing loss.
Detecting hearing loss as early as possible is highly recommended in order to start an effective treatment that could possible save you lots of headaches and money as well. The following signs are widely spread among seniors
- Trying to listen carefully while there is background noise and not being able to follow the conversation
- Turning on the volume while watching tv or listening to the radio
- Asking the interlocutor to repeat some phrases
- Difficulty deciphering what children and women say because of their high voices
Once you realize you might be affected by hearing loss, you will have to consult your doctor as fast as you can. You might as well be advised to undergo a series of tests in order to learn more about your hearing problem. If you qualify for Medicare support, you also have to learn more about this from your Medicare representative.
Hearing loss though is wide-spread, it still is a very uncomfortable and unpleasant condition that you should try to deal with in its initial phase and not let it totally affect your hearing ability.
When you’re 60 years of age, looking good and having a healthy body is pretty hard thing to manage. That is why the majority of seniors develop conditions that affect both their physical appearance as well as their health. In some way, this is a result of an unhealthy lifestyle throughout their life. But many other conditions are triggered by old age. In any case, it is rather easy to take control of your eating habits, your daily stress level and self-care. And these 3 key elements are hugely important in order to boost your health.
But what many seniors fail to understand is that no matter how hard you try to eat well, lose weight and get rid of stress or even offer your body self-care, your organism simply won’t respond to your tries. Guess why? Because you’ve accumulated so much residue and so many toxins that your body can’t function normally. Now to start your journey you have to eliminate the residue and the toxins.
You can easily have it done by detoxing your body. There are many ways of detoxing your organs, your liver and kidneys. Some of them you might think to be quite radical. That is why you will have to start with the most widely spread, very safe and very efficient detox method which is eating raw food. Raw foodists and natural hygiene department doctors advice patients to increase the consumption of raw food especially of greens and berries that contain a huge amount of minerals and antioxidants. Raw food that hasn’t been thermally processed can do miracles for your body and your health.
Seniors may also benefit from their insurance paying for some sponsored detoxes. Those with one of the Medicare Supplement Plans 2016 can have most or all of their bills paid for as well. Be sure to check with your doctor to see what’s paid for.
Therefore next time you go shopping for food items, ensure that you stock your pantry with healthy uncooked, fresh, organic fruits and vegetables and many greens as well. As soon as you eliminate all of your toxins, your body will thank you for that.
It is no secret that, as we become old, our mental health deteriorates due to many different factors such as living under stressful conditions, dealing with fears and worries on a daily basis, and even eating the foods that are not suitable for us. It’s been proved that we are what we eat. And we can easily develop hidden allergies to different foods that might trigger unwanted negative implications for our physical and mental health as well. And if we continue to consume these foods throughout our life, there’s no way to avoid being affected when old.
There’s another potential trigger for the deterioration of our mental health when old. It is an inappropriate environment that we have lived in during our entire life. If we have struggled living in a place that didn’t suit our personality and our beliefs at that moment of our lives, it could have triggered these unhealthy changes in our thinking that over time would deteriorate our state of mind. Many issues related to mental health for seniors are certainly covered by Medicare, however that doesn’t pay all of your bills. Finding the right Medicare Supplement plans in 2016 to pay deductibles and coinsurance is vital to making sure you’re covered financially.
Negative thinking can also impact immensely your mental health. Thinking negative thoughts on a daily basis can lead to loneliness and depression, and these are 2 potential factors of self-destruction. Negative affirmations that you use daily to describe your insecurities, faults and inabilities lead to a strong feeling of guilt and worthlessness. This is the worst that can happen to you. If you want to live a normal life without imbalances and concerns, you have to change your thinking patterns. If you want to have a strong and sound mental health when old you have to change your thinking patterns. It all comes down to your thoughts and how happy you are inside. If you irradiate happiness and love inside out, there’s no way to get affected by any mental condition or experience any mild to moderate difficulties with your mental health. Make sure you take this into consideration and start changing your thoughts today!