Daily Archives: September 30, 2015
The individual is eligible for availing Medicare insurance plan, but then what next. There are present few choices to be made. Trying to insure with Medicare in itself is said to be an option, however, the person is likely to be subjected to few potentially higher unpredictable expenses. The other option here would be to purchase Medicare supplement, in case affordable. The third option that exists is to try enrolling in Medicare advantage plans in 2016.
Trying to enroll in this particular plan type has been termed to be a wonderful choice for most of the senior citizens for numerous reasons. However, it is stated to be not a great choice for every person. This is because, who may enroll in Medicare advantage plans completely depends upon individual circumstances. Therefore, the person might not expect to come across a plan, which necessarily is regarded to be the best suited for everyone. Also, the individual might consider for the Advantage Plan, in case, the following criteria are met.
- Having limited budget: Limited budget might come into effect in several ways. Firstly, the person might consider enrolling, since he is likely to receive benefits from original Medicare, however, have advantages of optimum out-of –pocket amount. In case, coverage is availed via original Medicare, then the person would not have cap on his share of expenses on covered services. Hence, just 20% of the outpatient expenses alone might make the person to deal with budget busting expenses. The other reason for limited budget could be because of Medicare Supplement premiums being very high.
- Requiring additional benefits: Medicare advantage plans tend to include all benefits of Part A and B. However, private insurance providers offering such plans might include advantages which could be beyond what is normally available from the original Medicare. It is quite common for policies to include drug coverage of Part D and few plans could include additional, like vision, dental, transportation, gym memberships and hearing. Medicare supplement policies may include rarely such additional.
- Requiring all-inclusive plan: In case, the individual is eager to have a plan, which includes Part D drug and medic al benefits, then Advantage Plan is to be considered. By enrolling in this plan having drug benefits, he would interact just with a single insurance provider, thereby limiting interaction with several member service departments.
- Not qualifying Medicare Supplement: If the person is entitled for Guaranteed Issue Rights or Open Enrollment Period of Medigap, then he is likely to be subjected towards medical underwriting while purchasing Medicare Supplement. Current hospital stays or pre- existing conditions might mean coverage denial.
These are termed to be few of the reasons for the person to enroll in Medicare advantage plans.
It is a well known fact that people belonging to the senior citizen category are likely to face several kinds of health related issues with time. Therefore, they tend to have higher risks, when compared to younger people. Hence, being a senior citizen, there is a need for the person to make sure that he/ she avails the right Senior Health insurance plan which best fits the needs and requirements, and can be purchased at affordable rates. However, the question that arises in the minds of most senior people is how to find such plans.
Medicare is known to offer seniors with partial solution. But it is necessary to need other essential coverage also.
What does Medicare cover?
Once the person turns 65 years, he is eligible to get enrolled with Medicare that offers coverage on few of the medical expenses. The fact is that Medicare programs have been designed to provide the following benefits related to Senior Health insurance.
- Coverage for nursing home care, inpatient hospital care, few home health care and hospice care through Part A of Medicare.
- Coverage for services of the physician, medical equipment, outpatient hospital care, occupational and physical therapy along with few home health care via Part B of Medicare.
- Coverage through Part D of Medicare for prescription drugs.
Besides these options, Part C of Medicare tends to extend the advantages, while offering the person with numerous choices to avail among Senior Health insurance plans.
Availing the best and affordable insurance plan for seniors
Although Medicare might have majority of the expenses of the insured to be covered, but, it may not actually offer all the necessary benefits. For instance, typically, Medicare is likely to provide coverage for annual physicals. And what Medicare doesn’t pay, the bills should be paid by one of the Medicare Supplement plans in 2016.
Hence, the person could be required for purchasing additional coverage for covering things which is not done by Medicare. Usually, it is a PPO, HMO or Medigap policy.
For finding the best suited and affordable Senior Health insurance plan, which would offer the required health care benefits, the individual can visit the comparison website and find out more in details. Only a reputed comparison site can provide plenty of insurance choices, so as to help selecting the best one to fit specific requirements. One has to be sure in choosing a good insurance comparison site, which offers chat features, so that the person can avail precise answers to almost every health insurance related questions that he might have, be it through phone, online chat or email from the insurance expert.